Organic Red Seedless Grapes
Organic Red Seedless Grapes from California are in peak season and tasting great for August! Enjoy some soon while the crop is at its best and stores promoting this clean fruit at reasonable prices! Forget the artificial fruit snacks. Give your family (and yourself) the ultimate REAL FRUIT SNACK: fresh, in-season grapes! It’s like eating candy… only its natural, full of fiber and antioxidants and micronutrients that are good for you.
Organic growers have also been updating the varieties of Red Seedless Grapes grown in their vineyards in recent years, so in addition to the small, round Red Flame variety that features a sweet-pop taste, you may also find newer, premium varieties on grocers shelves during late summer. Majestic Red, Krissy, Passion Fire and others are prized for their larger sizing, high sugars and crunchy texture. It’s a time to enjoy!
Avoid bags that are wet and sticky – a sign that some of the Grapes are going bad – or have berries with splits, cracks or dark brown sunken areas.
- Select Grapes that feel firm to a gentle squeeze. Lift up the bag or container and look at it from all sides.
- Look for Grapes with stems that are still green at the thickest parts and appear to still have life in them.
- Choose packs that have most of the berries still on the vine.
- Avoid bags that are wet and sticky – a sign that some of the Grapes are going bad – or have berries with splits, cracks or dark brown sunken areas.
- Keep your Grapes refrigerated until you’re about ready to eat them, since they lose their crunch much quicker at room temperature.
- Wash Grapes with a cold water rinse just before serving them.
- Frozen Grapes. Wash, remove from the stem, then freeze the fresh Grapes for snack your school-age kids (and you) will love to chill out with.
- Candied Grapes. Turn your Grapes into a version of Sour Patch Kids!