Organic Dark Sweet Cherries
Carefully inspect all sides of the Cherry packages to avoid wetness or splits. If the Cherries are in a bag, give a couple a gentle squeeze – you’ll want them to feel firm, not spongy or soft.
- Selecting: Carefully inspect all sides of the Cherry packages to avoid wetness or splits. If the Cherries are in a bag, give a couple a gentle squeeze – you’ll want them to feel firm, not spongy or soft.
- Storage: Keep Cherries cold in the fridge and use them within a few days of purchase for the best texture. Rinse Cherries just before use and put whatever you don’t eat back in the refrigerator.
- Sticker-shock? Even during peak season, even on sale Organic Cherries can surprise you at the register, so buy smart. Remember, small cherry bags weigh about 1.25lb and the average random-weight bag or pouch on display weighs about 2.2lb. Bagged Cherries are sold by the pound, so do the math or check a scale to know about what you’re going to pay in total.
- Freezing: Peak season Cherries can be washed, then frozen with the stems still on in plastic bags with the air removed, then thawed in the refrigerator up to three months later for a convenient snack.
- Canning: Into preserving the season’s best? Check out this great site dedicated to stone fruit canning.
- Recipes Ideas: From desserts to salads to drinks, find in-season Cherry Recipe inspiration here.
- Health & Nutrition: Learn how Cherries may impact Inflammation, Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes and Cancer and also in what cases Home Care Assistance is needed.