The two most common Sweet Corn mistakes that zap flavor? Over-cooking, and letting it get old in the fridge.
Sweet Corn Tips
- Selecting: Choose Sweet Corn that feels full up and down the cob and has green husks.
- Storage: Sweet Corn will last in your fridge for about a week when stored in a plastic bag, but will dehydrate and lose flavor every day it sits – so try to use it right away.
- Boil: Over-cooking is the #1 MISTAKE people make with Sweet Corn, since it can lead to toughness and less flavor. 3-4 minutes in boiling water is really all it takes for perfectly tender Locally grown Sweet Corn on the Cob.
- Microwave: Microwave on high in the husk for 4-6 minutes. If fresh corn is already husked, wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Grill: Pre-heat Grill to high. Remove loose outer leaves of Sweet Corn but leave it in the husk. Rinse the husks with water to add some moisture. Grill for 8-11 minutes, flipping 1-2 times. Remove from heat and husk it just before serving. This method adds a smoky flavor to your corn and makes removing the silk so much easier!
Our Own Sweet Corn Recipes